It says a lot for the continuing battering ram that is Google that Microsoft, who based their fortune and world domination on operating systems and applications for the desktop, have announced their move into the cloud with Microsoft Azure. With the promise of being able to write and host applications on Microsoft’s servers rather than their own, Microsoft hope to take a slice of the emerging market for web based applications that include the basic Google Docs as well as more ambitious CRM and invoicing applications. The only question is: is Microsoft too late? This is worth keeping an eye on. With the right sort of lobbying Microsoft may be persuaded to include a set of educational tools and hosting for educators along with the promised web versions of its Office products. Here’s hoping… Computer Buyer – Advice you can Trust
Related articles by Zemanta
- Browser based Microsoft Office!
- Does a Web Office hurt Google or MSFT?
- Finally getting with the program: Microsoft to offer Office online
- Microsoft Office Is Coming To the Cloud
- Microsoft to launch web versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint